Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The week before Christmas!

The week before Christmas was very busy (as for almost all people) but a little bit different to my oven!
I was thinking about my latin friends, I decided to present them with a very popular Christmas Cake in Chile, the "Pan de Pascua". It's like a stollen (fruit cake), inside comes with a lot of dried fruit and nuts.
I made my Christmas Cakes  with dried cherries, raisins, dried apricots and toasted walnuts. I researched some recipes online and decided to make this Pan de Pascua recipe. The recipe is sooo good!!!
Here are some pictures before baking and after baking.



Also I made some Brazilian treats to make gifts to my daughter's teachers, I think that was a very good idea if you have a lot of people to present! On the boxes I put some brigadeiros and passion fruit brigadeiros! So yummy! :)


In the sequence we were planning our Christmas decorations, so my dear friend Bianca and I went to buy some decorations for the table, and the result was so great!!!



Now the table was planned and all the presents were bought, so I was asked to make some quindins and a little cake for a friend, easy task, I can do it! This little cake was very moist and filled with baba de moça (coconut milk cream) and vanilla whipped cream for the frosting.



And finishing my Christmas week, I decided to make a Black Forest Cake for Christmas Eve. We've been planning to be with more 4 families. Also, I have to thank my husband: he took a huge line at the party store (just because I needed the maraschino cherries with the stems)! 

So here's the cake:


To all, I wish you a great Christmas week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment