Saturday, December 15, 2012

About this week

Oh, it's incredible how time flies! We're almost done for this year!
And I'm really done (or I think) for my year making cakes (or maybe decorated cakes)!

My cakes for this week (other pictures will be in the related pages):

- A cake for my dear friend Brenda:


- A cake for a huge fan of the Baltimore Ravens:



I also did a cake topper for a graduation party cake, it was a graduation cap and the university symbol, all made by gum paste. They resulted very nice! The only issue was the pastry chef  (who made the cake) that put the topper on the cake and then stored it in the refrigerator...Oh my, that's a crime...you never have to do that, unless you'll have a soft gum paste...so the flaps of the cap fell down...At first time, I thought it was ignorance...what do you think? Maybe a sabotage? I don't want to think that...
ok, lesson learned: put all guiding directions for decorate the cake. Here's a picture (not the best angle) of this lesson learned:


No comments:

Post a Comment